As the initiator, advocate and principal consultant, Susan lead the Credit Valley Trail Strategy initiative that spent 60-years on the books.
In partnership with the Friends of the Greenbelt Foundation, Credit Valley Conservation Foundation and Credit Valley Conservation, Susan:
- designed and launched the Call to Action in February 2015
- brought over 55 partners to the table;
- lead First Nations, Metis and Indigenous community involvement;
- leveraged funding resources for the project team;
- conducted over 5 council delegations and 15 community engagement sessions;
- formed and facilitated Steering Committee meetings;
- designed community outreach surveys, blogs and media articles;
- designed and coordinated a Municipal Leaders Forum as well as one-on-one interviews with every local, regional and provincial elected official along the CVT 100-km alignment;
- identified the preferred trail alignment in partnership with local and regional planning staff;
- authored the first two versions of the final CVT Strategy;
- and informed the development of the CVT Governance Council.